As a small, lean organization, Poets House is reeling from the financial implications of closing our space and cancelling our primary fundraising event. Our Board has established this special fund, with significant personal contributions, to help us survive and continue our work. Please consider joining them in sustaining Poets House by making a gift today.
Your donation will help us:
- Continue to pay our staff (most of whom are poets)
- Reinvent our programming online
- Hire poets for programs, readings, workshops
- Produce poetry enrichment programs for children and virtual class trips
- Uplift spirits with daily social media offerings
- Provide rich online content about our library, our archives, and the resilient creative activity of the worldwide poetry community.
Every contribution matters!
Choose one of the gift levels indicated, or write in an amount of your choice.
All gifts are tax deductible.
Questions? Please email LindaS@poetshouse.org
For more than 30 years, Poets House has been an important community model for partnership and dialogue. A place of welcome and social imagination, Poets House invites everyone to read, write, and experience the power of poetry. While our library is temporarily closed, we continue to provide connections to poets and poetry through social media channels and on our website—adjusting our in-person services to make them available online. Poets House continues to offer the solace and inspiration poetry provides—as well as its challenge: to listen deeply and speak empathically as members of a community bound together by a love of language, and as Stanley Kunitz said, “as an ongoing experiment in cultural imagination.”
We need your help to continue our work!