- This event has passed.
2007 Poetry in The Branches National Institute
Oct 12, 2007 | 12:00 am
On the weekend of October 12-13, 2007, librarians from across the country will gather in Poets House’s acclaimed library for the fifth Poetry in The Branches National Institute, a weekend designed to help librarians build community audiences, develop substantive poetry collections and create successful reading series in public libraries nationwide.
Spend a weekend immersed in the rich world of poetry! Here at Poets House you will find resources for developing your library’s poetry collection, explore our 50,000-volume collection, and hear poetry from and connect personally with our guest poets. Learn how to reach out to and empower your patrons through poetry. Leave the weekend with a practical poetry plan for your library and lots of nuts-and-bolts information to help make that plan a reality. At night, eat and drink with your colleagues and experience the wealth of cultural events that New York City has to offer. You will go home refreshed and inspired!
The Poetry in The Branches National Institute will cover:
* Readings/conversations/workshops with guest poets
* Programming for teens
* Programming for adults
* Poetry programs on a shoestring budget
* Building community audiences and finding local resources
* Poetry writing workshops
* Techniques for leading poetry discussion groups
* Program publicity
* Program evaluation
* Collection development
* Marketing your poetry collection
* Our shared experience—what’s worked in libraries across the country
- Oct 12, 2007
- Event Category:
- Workshops, Master Classes and Residencies