- This event has passed.
Native Innovation: Indigenous American Poetry in the 21st Century
Mar 24, 2013 | 12:45 pm - 6:30 pm
• 12:45 pm Welcome with Joseph Bruchac & Allison Hedge Coke
• 1:00 pm: A Conversation with Cedar Sigo, Orlando White & Karenne Wood
• 2:30 pm: A Conversation with Joseph Bruchac, Natalie Diaz & Joy Harjo
• 4:00 pm: A Language Conversation with Natalie Diaz, Orlando White, Sherwin Bitsui & Karenne Wood
• 4:45 pm: Poetry Reading with Karenne Wood & Maurice Kenny
• 5:45 pm: Reading by Joseph Bruchac & Joy Harjo
Part of Native Innovation: Indigenous American Poetry in the 21st Century, a landmark symposium bringing together a new generation of Native American poets in a convocation of readings and conversations for an in-depth look at the dynamic state of current Native American poetry and poetics in the 21st century. Featuring leading Native American poets and co-curated by Joseph Bruchac and Allison Hedge Coke, this event examines a range of issues, including native languages, traditional storytelling, formal innovation and Native American politics and more.
- Mar 24, 2013
12:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Readings and Conversations