- This event has passed.
Native Innovation: Indigenous American Poetry in the 21st Century
Mar 23, 2013 | 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
• 11:00 am Welcome with Joseph Bruchac & Allison Hedge Coke
• 11:10 am Craft Presentations and Discussion with Jennifer Foerster, Maurice Kenny, Cedar Sigo & James Thomas Stevens
• 2:00 pm: Panel on Native Narratology with Santee Frazier, Allison Hedge Coke & Roberta Hill
• 3:30 pm: A Conversation with Roberta Hill, Maurice Kenny & James Thomas Stevens
• 5:00 pm: A Conversation with Sherwin Bitsui, Santee Frazier & Jennifer Foerster
• 8:00 pm: Poetry Reading with Jennifer Foerster & James Thomas Stevens
• 9:15 pm: Poetry Reading by Sherwin Bitsui & Allison Hedge Coke, with music by Kelvyn Bell
Part of Native Innovation: Indigenous American Poetry in the 21st Century, a landmark symposium bringing together a new generation of Native American poets in a convocation of readings and conversations for an in-depth look at the dynamic state of current Native American poetry and poetics in the 21st century. Featuring leading Native American poets and co-curated by Joseph Bruchac and Allison Hedge Coke, this event examines a range of issues, including native languages, traditional storytelling, formal innovation and Native American politics and more.
- Mar 23, 2013
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Readings and Conversations