Poets House offers six-week open-enrollment poetry workshops, weekend Master Classes, and one-day open enrollment writing workshops and seminars, providing learning opportunities for a variety of interests and skill levels.
Most class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, and we encourage you to enroll early. Enrollment is complete when full payment for tuition has been received.
Master Classes, which usually meet Saturday and Sunday, offer advanced writers of poetry an opportunity to work intensively with some of the most respected poets of our time. Applications are required; space is limited. Fee: $395.
Six-Week Open-Enrollment Workshops
Open to all levels, six-week courses are offered on a wide variety of topics. Register early—first come, first served. Fee: $325.
Our Fall 2018 six-week workshops are already in session, but slots in some workshops may be available if you wish to join in late! Contact Gia to learn more about registering for a six-week workshop.
The Archaeology of Poetry: Digging the Moment with t’ai freedom ford
Participants will consider memories, photographs and personal geographies as artifact in this workshop with t’ai freedom ford.
Poetry Is Not a Luxury: Reclamation, Resistance, Self-Healing & Survival with Bushra Rehman
Students will read and write poetry of reclamation, resistance, self-healing, and survival in this workshop with Bushra Rehman.
Poetic Investiture: Seeking the Source of Our Poetic Powers with Michael Broder
In this workshop with Michael Broder, students will share and explore the myths and realities of inspiration and the sources of poetry within each of us.
Special One-Day Workshops
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing. To request a refund, email Gia Gonzales at email@example.com.
- Poets House retains a $60 processing fee on any refund.
- Refunds will not be issued after the following deadlines, regardless of participation. For Six-Week Workshops: tuition (less processing fee) is refundable until the second class meeting. For Master Classes: refund requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the first meeting.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
- Six registrants are required in order for a class to run. If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition will be refunded to all registrants.