Six-Week Open-Enrollment Workshops
Open to all levels, six-week courses are offered on a wide variety of topics. Register early—first come, first served. Fee: $325.
Third Genre: Between Poetry & Prose with Marwa Helal
Students will explore forms including the lyric essay and hybrid texts, exploring the boundary of poetry and prose and writing their own “third genre” work.
Days of Wonder: Reading and Writing the Ecstatic with Michael Klein
In this reading-intensive, writing-focused workshop, participants will consider how the inner life can be conveyed through both long-ish and short poems.
Master Classes offer advanced writers of poetry an opportunity to work intensively with some of the most respected poets of our time. An application of three poems is required, sent through Submittable; space is limited. Fee: $395.
Check back in Winter 2020 for more master classes!
We offer writing workshops and seminars that focus on a special topic over the course of a day or afternoon. These offerings are designed for those who may not have the time for a longer sequence of classes. Fee: $95 for three-hour workshops; $110 for four-hour workshops.
Check back in Winter 2020 for more one-day offerings!
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing. To request a refund, email Gia Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poets House retains a $60 processing fee on any Six-Week Workshop or Master Class refund, or a $20 processing fee on any One-Day Workshop refund.
- Refunds will not be issued after the following deadlines, regardless of participation. For Six-Week Workshops: tuition (less processing fee) is refundable until the second class meeting. For Master Classes: refund requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the first meeting.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
- Six registrants are required in order for a class to run. If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition will be refunded to all registrants.