If you have any difficulty logging in to your video workshop, or any questions concerning zoom,
please contact Gabriella@poetshouse.org
Six-Week Video Conference Summer Workshops
Open to all levels, six-week courses are offered on a wide variety of topics. Register early—first come, first serve. Fee: $325.
Writing With Animals with Alan Felsenthal: Summer Workshop
Animals can be seen as familiars, part-human creatures, gods, even value concepts. Turned into symbols and metaphors. Six Tuesdays, June 9–July 14.
Thirst & Glitter: Queer Poetics with Jesse Rice-Evans
This workshop will focus on contemporary queer and trans poetry, exploring work by poets working at the intersections of embodiment, desire, and language.
Free Online Video Workshops
Online Video Conference Master Classes
Our library is closed for health concerns but Poets House is bringing you online Master Classes to keep our community thriving. Master Classes offer advanced writers of poetry an opportunity to work intensively with some of the most respected poets of our time. An application of three poems is required, sent through Submittable; space is limited. Fee: $395.
Check back later in 2020 for more Master Class offerings!
We offer writing workshops and seminars that focus on a special topic over the course of a day or afternoon. These offerings are designed for those who may not have the time for a longer sequence of classes. Fee: $95 for three-hour workshops; $110 for four-hour workshops.
Check back later in 2020 for more one-day offerings!
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing. To request a refund, email Gia Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poets House retains a $60 processing fee on any Six-Week Workshop or Master Class refund, or a $20 processing fee on any One-Day Workshop refund.
- Refunds will not be issued after the following deadlines, regardless of participation. For Six-Week Workshops: tuition (less processing fee) is refundable until the second class meeting. For Master Classes: refund requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the first meeting.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
- Six registrants are required in order for a class to run. If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition will be refunded to all registrants.