Opening Thursday, June 27th, 2019:
The only event of its kind, the annual Poets House Showcase is a free exhibit featuring thousands of new poetry books and poetry-related texts published in the English language over the past 18 months. Each summer for the past 26 years, the Showcase has displayed thousands of works by and about the poetry community, including volumes by individual authors, anthologies, chapbooks, prose and criticism, multimedia works, artists’ books, and more.
In this diverse, inclusive exhibition, books from small presses receive the same care and attention as those from major publishers, and self-published authors are displayed alongside Poets Laureate. The exhibit is arranged by publisher, making it easy to get a taste of each press’s distinctive voice and list.
Poets and publishers, find out how to submit your books!
The 2018 Poets House Showcase, our 26th annual exhibition, was on view from June 28 through August 18. 3,452 titles from 770 publishers and presses were included in the display. Books in the exhibition included:
- 357 chapbooks
- 167 anthologies
- 41 artists’ books
- 132 bilingual or multilingual books
- 42 children’s books
- 2,498 books published in 2017 and 954 published in 2018
Download a copy of the 2018 exhibition catalog here!
Showcase in the News
- Poets & Writers: “Poets House Showcase Celebrates Twenty-Five Years”
- Library Journal: “Showcasing Poetry: An Annual Poets House Event Celebrates 25 Years”
- New York Times: “A Year’s Worth of Verse at Poets House”